In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Data Science Specialist which has arisen within the Strategy, Innovation and Insights Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Identifying and executing appropriate analytical techniques data science methodologies and algorithms to provide in-depth analysis of transactional and aggregated data including prescriptive and predictive models (Predictive).
- Identifying data scrubbing and enrichment projects, determine the requirements for these projects, agree solutions and test outcomes.
- Identifying leading indicators of customer behaviour (e.g. churn, credit risk) and developing propensity models to pre-emptively target new customers.
- Designing appropriate testing methodologies to measure the incremental margin impact from interventions.
- Presenting findings on testing and final recommendations to business.
- Carrying out research on competitor products, and generating new ideas that can be implemented by the Bank.
- Providing data science requirements for the operationalization of the algorithms/data science/analytical projects, including but not limited to the provision of metrics, attributes, logical rules and algorithms
- Identifying suitable data sources and analytical methodologies for the creation of data products that are monetized externally.
- Reviewing best practice in the fields of data science and big data analytics and the implications for departmental policies and procedures
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Claim Data Analytics Integration with SSIS/SAS/R/Python /Java or other relevant ETL development experience.
- Agile Project Management experiences on Analytic development and deployment.
- XML domain knowledge.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality.
- 1+ year’s predictive modeling/machine learning implementation experience in R, Python, Oracle 11g/12c and MS SQL Server 2016/2017.
- Software development experience with Spark, Hadoop, HBASE, HIVE or H20 and NoSQL databases will be an added advantage.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Data Science Specialist clearly written in the subject line by the 21st of July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.