The Public Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified job seekers to fill following posts in the Ministry of National Housing and Social Amenities:
POST D: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC POLICY PLANNING
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, NATIONAL HOUSING AND SOCIAL AMENITIES, STRATEGIC POLICY PLANNING, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
STATION: HEAD OFFICE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the review and alignment of tlie strategic purpose of the Ministry in line with national development imperatives and Vision 2030.
- Supervise the review’ of policies, strategies, processes and regulations for the Ministry.
- Facilitate the preparation of the Ministry’s Strategic Plan through consultations with various Departments in the Ministry and stakeholders.
- Assist in tlie effective and impactful articulation of the Ministry’s strategic vision as elaborated in Strategic Plan.
- Manage the process of developing strategic tools for use by the Minishy for strategic thinking, planning and implementation.
- Monitor the implementation of the Ministiy’s Strategic Plan by the various Departments and regularly offer analysed progress reports.
- Coordinate the conduct of market research and provide current data on the changes taking place in the environment with specific attention to the economic, political and technological trends in the environment.
- Coordinate research into factors likely to impact on tlie Ministry’s achievement of strategic goals and the key learning areas.
- Provide technical advice in the development of aligned and integrated Departmental plans.
- Develop and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research within tlie Department.
- Facilitate the preparation of speeches and papers for local and international conferences.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A Degree in Strategic Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent.
- A relevant Masters degree is an added advantage.
- At least tw’o years in the Principal Officer grade or equivalent.
- Extensive planning, organization, analytical, and project management abilities.
- Extensive experience of evidence based strategic policy development
- A high level understanding of the Ministiy’s policies.
- A thorough understanding of National Development policies, priorities and goals.
- A good understanding of Ministerial functions and Government operations.
- A high level understanding of the Public Sen ice Regulations;
- Well-developed communication and analytical skills.
- Team building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Computer literacy.
Job Application Details
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach the Public Service Commission by 31st of July 2020 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
6111 Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street Julius Nyerere Way