In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Research Council of Zimbabwe (RCZ) was established in 1986 to promote, direct, supervise and coordinate research with particular reference to the interests of Zimbabwe. RCZ activities in Zimbabwe are regulated by the Research Act [Chapter 10:22]. RCZ is looking for strategic thinking, innovative, ethical and adaptive leader to fulfil the following role of Executive Director.
Reporting directly to the RCZ Board, this position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the broad mandate of RCZ as embodied in the Research Act is carried out.
- Ensuring that RCZ’s and its Secretariat’s day to day activities are efficiently conducted.
- Monitoring and following up on the progress of the national scientific and technical research being undertaken, particularly in public institutions.
- Ensuring supervision and control of research councils and institutes undertaking research in Zimbabwe.
- Promoting, assisting and encouraging research aligned to the development thrust of Zimbabwe.
- Working to strengthen research and innovation capacities in diverse fields.
- Fundraising to boost research initiatives of RCZ.
- Interfacing with the RCZ Board and other relevant clients and stakeholders.
- Developing the RCZ Strategic Plan and managing the allocation of resources in line with policy priorities.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Masters degree or equivalent in any research related field. Possession of a PhD will be an added advantage.
- Any other appropriate post graduate qualification will also be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience, of which five (5} should be at a senior management and above level.
- A thorough understanding of the national research ecosystem and priority programmes.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Distinguished researcher dedicated to scholarship and innovation.
- Sound communication techniques.
- Capacity to collaborate and facilitate across intellectual boundaries.
- Ability to analyse and interpret national development policy.
- Open-minded, decisive and approachable.
- Having a growth mindset and strong operational planning skills.
Prospective candidates for this leadership position should email their CVs to [email protected] by no later than 14 June 2021. Applicants are also required to write a supporting motivational letter and provide names and contacts of at least two (2) suitable referees.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
RCZ offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.