The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner. Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for vacant positions that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Duties and Responsibilities
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing and launching of new degree programmes;
• Developing open and distance electronic learning and teaching materials;
• Managing technology enabled teaching;
• Carrying out research and creative work;
• Promoting the University wide initiatives;
• Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
• Fostering Education 5.0 through innovation and industrialisation;
• Engaging in community service;
• Interfacing with other Faculties; and
• Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Dean and/or Regional Director
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Master of Arts in Religious Studies-Old Testament Major;
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies is a must;
• A PhD in areas stated above is an added advantage;
• A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement;
• Knowledge of technology enabled open and distance teaching is an added advantage; and
• Computer literacy a must.
How to Apply
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
EITHER • in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
Applications should be received not later than 3 July 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University or Hand delivered to
P O Box MP 1119 4th Floor
Mount Pleasant Corner House
Harare Cnr Samora Machel and Leopold