FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
The Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Zimbabwe in collaboration with CIRAD and LIPS- Zimbabwe Project is inviting applications from suitably qualified applicants who are Zimbabwean citizens to conduct research in livestock related topics leading to MPhil and DPhil degrees. The EU funded Livestock Production Systems (LIPS)-Zimbabwe Project’s overall objective is ‘Improved productivity and climate-relevance of livestock-based production systems in Zimbabwe’s agro- ecological regions IV and V’. The research will be focused on the following areas:
- Investigation of livestock-disease vectors’ (tsetse, ticks) distribution in selected districts of regions IV and V
- Investigation of the prevalence of LIPS-Zimbabwe Project priority livestock diseases (Trypanosomiasis, TBDs, NCD, Anthrax, Blackleg and PPR) in selected districts of regions IV and V
- Modelling the impact of climate change on vector and livestock disease distribution in the selected two regions
- Investigation of the presence of reservoir species for LIPS-Zimbabwe Project priority livestock diseases at the wildlife /livestock/human interface (Trypanosomiasis, TBDs, Anthrax, PPR)
- Assessment of gaps in the current livestock and zoonotic disease surveillance and response system
Applicants must hold a BVSc/BSc Biological Science degree or its equivalent. In addition, applicants must also have passed their degree with an overall grade equivalent to an upper second (2.2) or better at first sitting in the area of interest. Successful candidates will be sponsored by the LIPS Zimbabwe Project funded by the EU.
- Job Application Details Application fees are ZWL500.00 and must be deposited into any CBZ Bank branch nationwide: Account Name : University of Zimbabwe Name of Bank : CBZ Account No Branch : 01120770100042 Branch :Kwame Nkrumah Branch sort code : 6101 Branch Swift Code :cobzzwhaxxx Applicants are also expected to submit an online application at www.emhare.uz.ac.zw as part of the application process. The system generates an application number. The application number must be submitted together with the application form, curriculum vitae, certified copies of degree certificatesand transcripts, school certificates, birth certificate and national ID. The application form can be downloaded at https://www.uz.ac.zw/index.php/admissions/post-applicationoverview. Applications should be directed or hand delivered to: The Director Postgraduate Center University of Zimbabwe P.O. BoxMP167 Mt Pleasant HARARE Closing date for handing in of applications is Monday, 22 March 2021.