JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
The Organisation of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP) is a leading local NGO involved in development and relief (emergency) work in rural communities in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South and Midlands provinces. It exists to fight all forms of poverty among the rural and urban grassroots communities of disadvantaged women, men and youth through the empowerment of people by facilitating their development in their diverse cultural contexts.
The vacancy for the upcoming USAID funded Amalima Loko Project. The project seeks to improve food security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management. Its purposes are P1: Enhanced and inclusive local ownership over food security and resilience planning and development, P2: Watershed management improved, P3: Adaptive and absorptive capacity improved.
The Procurement Officer, will provide support to ORAP budget management through acquisition of quality goods and services in a timely manner at the lowest possible cost in accordance to the ORAP Procurement policy. The position will manage an efficient procurement support system in the ORAP HQ office in support of the Amalima Loko Program, to procure goods as well as services in accordance with the USAID policies and ORAP laid down systems, procedures and guidelines
Major Duties/Responsibilities include:-
- Participating in preparation of procurement planning and its consolidation in conducting market research and development of price index in collaboration with the Operations Officer
- Identifying all potential suppliers available in the market along with the Operations Officer and develop prequalified suppliers list for all major item categories keeping the Suppliers List up to date all the time
- Conducting strategic sourcing with negotiated pre priced framework contracts for goods and services in accordance to the set goals
- Providing secretariat services to the HQ Procurement committee
- Receiving incoming requisitions and responsible for registering the same into the requisition register and in the order tracking tool
- Ensuring all received PR, BOQ, MoU and TOR are with clear specifications, financial codes and appropriate signatories and advise the owners if there are omissions in accordance with the ORAP procurement policy
- Drafting and obtaining quotations/or open tenders where necessary and prepare local purchase orders
- Facilitating evaluation and selection process of best responsive supplier in preparing price comparison and related paper works along with Procurement Department Team in both direct purchases and competitive purchases
- Undertaking acquisition processes of goods and services in conformity with the existing policies for the benefit of the users, and their communities
Supply chain system management
- Uploading all procurement related documents into the ERP system and clear related items on the system according to set ORAP policies
- Providing capacity building for ERP users and ensure all procurement activities occur within the system
- Ensuring healthy working relationship with suppliers and all stakeholders, promoting transparency and accountability at each stage of the procurement life cycle
- Compiling all the procurement documents sequentially for proper filling and register. Arranging payment clearance as per the terms of payment mentioned with PO and close the order
- Executing proper registration of procurement information with the log books and automated SCM data base in the right time to produce procurement report
- Monitoring quality and service levels with overall objective of improvement of delivery of goods, services, and responsible for supplier performance records
- Contributing to the preparation and submission of timely, accurate and relevant Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports. – Open PO’s contract status and PR status on weekly, monthly quarterly, and yearly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education: A Degree in Business Administration/Commerce/Economics and Professional qualifications or any other recognized certification in supply chain management.
- Membership to professional body is desirable e.g CIPS
- Experience: 3 years relevant experience in supply chain management field
- Sound public relations are essential along with business acumen
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Well organized for order and information management, able to keep filing systems updated to ensure an auditable trail
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email