Research and Energy Efficiency Engineer :
- Full Time
The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the Provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able to take the organisation to a higher level in the following role:
Research and Energy Efficiency Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Kay Job Functions of this position will be:
• Managing and co-ordinating research projects undertaken by the Authority through other institutions.
• Assisting in concept development and participating in the formulation of energy research projects, independently evaluating proposals and selecting the same.
• Assist in developing energy efficiency codes, standards, regulations and energy management systems.
• Identifying, investigating and implementing energy efficiency pilot projects for promotion of new technologies.
• Advising/educating consumers and licensees regarding the efficient use of energy
• Developing/creating promotional material for energy efficiency awareness.
• Facilitates energy efficiency seminars/workshops and awareness campaigns such as road shows, ZITF and other exhibition platforms countrywide.
Qualifications and Experience
Key Job Requirements: -
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
• BSc Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Applied Physics/Chemical or equivalent
• At least 5 years' experience in the Energy Sector
• Energy Efficiency knowledge essential
• Project Management experience and research skills
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) will be an added advantage
• Ability to work with other professionals in the industry
• Good communication skills both written and oral.
• A Masters degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to [email protected] by not later than 15 October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to
Female candidates are encouraged to apply