In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Risk and Compliance Officer: Law Society of Zimbabwe
Deadline: 30 June 2021 (4pm)
The Law Society of Zimbabwe seeks to recruit a Risk and Compliance Officer on a full time basis. The Risk and Compliance Officer will operate under the overall guidance of the Regulatory Services, Risk & Compliance Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Risk and Compliance Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities: Finalise the Law Society Institutional Risk Management Framework;
- Review practices of the Law Society and law firms and develop responsive risk-based systems to guide proactive regulation and compliance enforcement;
- Conduct special investigations;
- Conduct compliance inspections on all law firms and develop relevant recommendations to the Disciplinary and Ethics Committee (DEC) following the compliance inspections;
- Identify potential risks within law firms and develop intervention mechanisms according to the risk category; Develop policy and practice guidelines on Money laundering and combating financing of terrorist activities; Conduct trainings on various Risk Management topics.
- Experience in compliance and risk management; Good Legal research skills and analytical skills; Excellent communication skills; Mediation and conciliatory skills and experience an added advantage; Powerpoint presentation skills; Strong character.
- A Legal or Accounting University qualification is a must;
- A Masters will be an added advantage;
- At least 4 years experience in a Risk management environment;
- At least four (4) years’ work experience in a legal environment;
- An understanding of Money laundering legislation is a must;
- Previous experience in a similar position or in an auditing or banking environment will be an added advantage;
- Computer proficiency.
Interested qualified applicants email their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (as a single document) together with certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications (as a second single document) to [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.