In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Survey Enumerators: Welthungerhilfe
Deadline: 23 June 2021
Locations: Insiza (4); Matobo (4); Chegutu (4) and Mhondoro-Ngezi (4)
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief; Primarily in co-operation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America; Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980; Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response;
WHH, in partnership with SAT, CTDO and ICRISAT, is implementing the ZAKIS Project in Chegutu, Mhondoro-Ngezi, Matobo and Insiza districts targeting Agricultural institutions, Research, Education and Extension staff; ZAKIS is a project under the Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme (ZAGP); The ZAGP was formulated by the European Union and the Government of Zimbabwe under the 11th European Development Fund; The central premise for ZAKIS is the establishment of Agricultural Centre of Excellence (ACE) as a focal point for integrated knowledge and innovation services, bringing together agricultural research, education, and extension;
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage 16 Survey Enumerators 8 from Matabeleland South to enumerate in Insiza and Matobo districts and another 8 to carry out data collection in Chegutu and Mhondoro-Ngezi districts for the duration of 5 days inclusive of the 1 day training under the ZAKIS Project: A MTR is scheduled to run from the 28th of June to 3rd July 2021:The primary objective of the MTR is to assess the continued relevance of the ZAKIS project and the progress made towards achieving its planned objectives to maximize the potential for achieving the intended results:
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Attend a 1-day training to get appreciation of the project interventions, questionnaire administration and data collection process;
- Collect data from identified individuals and meet or exceed a set target of interviews per day;
- Submit accurate and properly formatted data to the supervisor(s) in the required format at the end of each day;
- Adhere to WHH guidelines and Core Humanitarian Standards that will be shared during the training;
- Adhere to Covid-19 prevention guidelines;
Qualifications, skills and experience required :
- Diploma in any field, possession of a qualification in M&E will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work in a team and interact with communities;
- Previous experience in data collection and use of mobile data collection platforms;
- Ability and willingness to work long hours;
- Good communication skills and honesty;
- ? Fluency in Shona and IsiNdebele a must for the respective districts.
NB: Shortlisting for this role will be conducted on a rolling basis.
First preference will be given to qualified candidates who reside in the respective areas; During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.