Tax Accountant – Administration Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the company complies with all tax requirements, submissions of returns, payments etc
- Conducting research on various changes in Tax Legislation to ensure the company complies with Tax Laws
- Tax planning Initiatives to minimize tax liability
- Liaising with our clearance agents and routinely assisting with applications for import licenses.
- Financial management, such as cash withdrawals, managing the cashbooks and monitoring of the bank account
- Organization of financial information e.g. receipts, vouchers etc
- Tracks and follows up staff expenses, and maintains petty cash payments and balances.
- Filing documents in reference files and electronically
- Inventory and procurement, including monitoring of stock and maintaining inventory file
- Assists in optimizing internal control systems and financial procedures.
- Organise administrative and logistical aspects of activities (i.e. missions, meetings, workshops, hotel and ticket reservations, organising transport, etc.)
- Creates and regularly maintain an address file of contacts, customers and employees.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business, or studying towards a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CIS.
- Broad Experience in office management and administration.
- Years of experience at similar position will be an advantage, though we are willing to nurture young minds as well.
- Prior ZIMRA experience would be an added advantage.
- Professional experience in Finance and Administration support is desirable.
- Experience in petty cash management.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quickbooks, etc.
- English language fluency
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field, or the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting; an MBA is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position in an international development organization
- Broad Experience in office management and administration
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge, additional competences:
- Fluency in English, written and oral;
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Ability to travel and flexibility.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Must be proactive, adaptable and be a team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines
How to Apply