JOB TITLE: Warehouse Clerk (4)
LOCATION: Binga, Nkayi, Hwange, Lupane
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
The Organisation of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP) is a leading local NGO involved in development and relief (emergency) work in rural communities in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South and Midlands provinces. It exists to fight all forms of poverty among the rural and urban grassroots communities of disadvantaged women, men and youth through the empowerment of people by facilitating their development in their diverse cultural contexts.
The vacancy for the upcoming USAID funded Amalima Loko Project. The project seeks to improve food security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management. Its purposes are P1: Enhanced and inclusive local ownership over food security and resilience planning and development, P2: Watershed management improved, P3: Adaptive and absorptive capacity improved
The incumbent will be responsible for receiving, storing and dispatching food and non-food items in district warehouse
Major Duties/Responsibilities include:-
- Ensuring that all commodities arriving at the warehouse are adequate through proper counting and verification as an ongoing process
- Loading and unload food and non-food items using casual labour
- Ensuring the warehouse cleanliness on a daily basis
- Performing daily stock counts
- Ensuring all stacks have cards and that the stack cards are updated daily.
- Writing of waybills
- Filing warehouse documents
- Maintaining a loader’s registering and compiles a monthly schedule.
- Checking that all warehouse doors are locked before going home.
- Inspecting commodities for insects and pest and report on time if any insects are found.
- Performing any other work-related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management, Diploma in Operations Research, Diploma in Business Administration
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- A flair for figures
- Customer Service orientation
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good Judgement skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP System
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office applications