Branch Accountant :
- Full Time
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Checking branch invoices and expense updates on the Banking Summary and Expenditure schedule.
• Stock Valuations and Stock Movements and explain where necessary.
• Filing Cash Payment Vouchers
• Cash management and stock-taking including Banking and checking Bin Cards.
• Monitoring Utility Bills and other service Payments.
• Preparing petty cash reports and reconciliations.
• Costing of Truck received directly and liaises with the Group Stores Controller and conduct stock takes.
• Ensuring that all invoices are processed in respective systems.
• Input GRVs with the information obtained from the Group Stock Controller in the system.
• Analyse branch margins in liaison with the Group Stock Controller.
• Cross checks gross profit margins and mark ups on the daily sales reports.
• Ensure all stock transfers from the warehouse to other branches have ITBs processed. Same for all stock receipts.
• Stock management including receiving, barcode creation, spot-checks and reporting variances.
• Selling all products for the Group i.e. both
• Performing Tele – sales
• Preparing and issuing invoices to clients.
• Preparing and issuing quotations and orders to clients.
• Effectively communicating on deliveries to be made and highlighting order of priority.
• Following up with clients on product delivery service quality from tillers, carpet fitters and laminators.
• Maintaining market base through efficient customer-care.
• Sending all sales reports and contract quotations to Head Office.
• Attending regular sales, customer care courses.
• Bank / cash handling
• Sending inventory reports weekly to Head Office.
• Sending monthly sales reports, cash up lists and banking summaries to Head Office.
• Ensuring that invoices for all service providers have VAT requirements.
• Driving the mission, vision and values of the company.
• Any other duty assigned to you by Management.
Qualifications and Experience
A degree in Accounting or equivalent,
3 years experience in a retail environment ,