In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Directing the Retail strategy and performance in Zimbabwe.
- Growing of digital within CPBB
- Build an in-country management team capable of delivering outstanding performance against competition in Zimbabwe.
- Establish and address an agenda of top issues / opportunities to improve CPBB performance and growth
- Coach, guide and manage Segment, Product, Clients Relationships and Client Acquisition Heads to ensure they deliver against the ambitious profit and performance goals set by the Group Head of CPBB
- Oversee and manage heads of the in-country support functions, to ensure their priorities are effectively aligned with delivering segment and product and CPBB in-country strategy
- Lead the CPBB top team, to address top issues / opportunities for CPBB overall and to ensure effective delivery of outstanding performance for all lines of business
Client Value Proposition (CVP) and Product Management
- CVP & Client Journey
- New Product Development
- Product Maintenance
- Product Exit
- Campaigns & Communication
Client Sales Management
- Sales Framework
- Leads Management
- Needs Analysis
- Relationship Opening and Client Due Diligence
- Wealth Suitability Assessment
- Account Setup & Fulfilment
- Transaction Processing
- Enquiry & Complaints
- Statements and Advices
- Client Optimisation
- Policy, Credit Monitoring, and Reporting
- Client Compliance Reviews
- Client Initiated Closure
- Bank Initiated Closure
- Digital & ATM
- Corporate Partnerships
- Digital & ATM
- Voice & Virtual
- Data Management
People, Premises, Technology, Finance, Branding and Vendors
- Work to improve the quality and depth of management talent, particularly senior talent, within the country through effective succession planning and talent development.
- Build effective working in country top teams, focused on maximising overall CPBB in-country performance and motivated to work collaboratively to resolve issues and raise standards
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Responsible for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the business. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-bribery and corruption, Anti Money-Laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported
- Ensure that known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and to consistent standards
- Ensure all applicable policies, procedures, limits and other risk control requirements are implemented and complied with
- Align business (or functional) strategy with Risk Tolerance and Appetite and seek to optimise the risk-return profile of the business
- Ensure that applicable external rules and regulations are complied with respond promptly to internal and external events to mitigate any adverse impact to the Group, and report these events in accordance with applicable standards
- Identify and escalate new and emerging risks that could be material to the Group
- Set the right tone for the risk management culture and conduct of the team in internal communications and performance objectives
- Provide leadership in Zimbabwe to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embedding a Sales Governance culture by approving, controlling and monitoring strategy, annual plans, model mix, scale, costs and risk control. Ensuring adherence to the Direct Sales Management and Risk Policy including standards for customer experience, minimising mis-selling and customer complaints.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Southern Africa team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Responsible for Regulatory compliance and compliance of Group policies and guidelines
- To be knowledgeable and implement the Money Laundering Prevention Policy within CPBB.
- Embed the Group's Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
- The conduct of individuals in Zimbabwe ensuring behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed.
- Zimbabwe achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
- Both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
- Country Management Team
- Regional/Cluster Heads for CPBB functions
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Zimbabwe ,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Seasoned and engaging professional
- Graduate with at least 10 years work experience
- Demonstrated track record of success gained through broad experience in CPBB
- International Banking exposure will be an added advantage
- Detailed knowledge of Group CPBB policies, procedures and best practice
- Excellent marketing, operations, systems and people management skills
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic perspective
- Understanding of linkages driving value creation and measurement
- Well-developed strategic perspective and forward planning ability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with decision making ability
- Working knowledge of banking products and marketing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent leadership and team building qualities
- An MBA is an added advantage
TO APPLY CLICK HERE