DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS :
- Full Time
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the following posts:
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications and marketing plan that
includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing;
• Develop and assess measurable goals and objectives that advance the Strategic
Framework as well as communications and marketing objectives;
• Develop annual communications and marketing budgets
• Manage institutional partnerships that support University marketing and fundraising
goals, including University rankings;
• Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content for the University
website, social media and email channels that lead to measurable action and impact
on University performance; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing or Public Relations or Media
Studies or English or Journalism or related field
• A Master’s degree preferably in a related field or Master in Business Administration
• A Digital Marketing qualification will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 2-4 years of directly-related professional work experience and expertise in
strategic communications and marketing, crisis communications
• Proficiency in Digital marketing.
• Be flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple concurrent projects while also
being highly detail-oriented with an attention to quality.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full
personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies
of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and
experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses
of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10 June 2022.
Latest Jobs at University of Zimbabwe UZ UZ Intakes The idea to launch University of Zimbabwe Alumni (UZAA) was first mooted on the 5th of March, 1986 and was followed by the First Annual G...