BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ZIMBABWE IS LOOKING FOR A DISTRIBUTION REPRESENTATIVE
SENIORITY LEVEL Non-Management
LOCATION Harare, Zimbabwe
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The trading environment of the tobacco category is changing due to increased trade specialisation, concentration of decision power, growth in Internationalism and the increased use of technology. All this has meant that the trade now requires higher standards of service level in the areas of working relationships, product quality, stock management, delivery, reliability, punctuality and problem solving. It is the role of the Distribution Representative to achieve the highest standards in these areas in order that the organisation can become the leading supplier for core services.
Reports to Trade Marketing representative
Geographic Scope Zimbabwe
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Achieve distribution objectives of product availability, customer service levels, fair trading, stock holding and stock rotation to ensure the company achieves the highest levels of trade and customer satisfaction
- Efficient and effective distribution of cigarettes into the trade to achieve route targets
- Implement route trade marketing plan which meets the objectives of the route trade marketing plan - in liaison with route TMR- in areas of brand, volume, merchandising and promotion
- Ensure full adherence to Depot Manual policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to structured daily journey plan for all calls with any ad hoc visits aligned to depot manual requirements
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximise the use of organisation assets.
- Ensure that the merchandising material and promotional prizes are managed in a transparent manner and that all merchandising materials and promotional SOP processes are being adhered to.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business.
- Class 4 drivers’ license and the ability to drive a Manual Transmission car.
- At least 1 year of experience in sales and marketing.
- Any other certificates/diplomas represent an added advantage.
- Self-confidence and self-motivation.
- High standard of presentation and appearance.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Time management skills.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant - BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
To apply click HERE