In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
A Career Opportunity in the Financial Services Sector
Agricultural Finance Company Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity made up of four subsidiaries namely; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Development Bank, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing Company.
Vacancy: Head – Group Compliance Insurance
Reporting to the General Manager Insurance, AFC Insurance seeks to engage a seasoned Head of Compliance to ensure best practice, standards and risk mitigation strategies that reflect regulatory expectations. The objective of this role is to lead the Compliance team and to provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders through a range of compliance Frameworks thereby maintaining and enhancing a compliance culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and enabling a compliance management function through implementation of strategy, structure and process.
• Supporting seamless integration of compliance management and providing input and ensuring accurate reporting and articulation of compliance risks.
• Promoting a compliance culture by advising, guiding and influencing transformation and provision of compliance risk monitoring programmes.
• Conducting compliance risk and control assessments by identifying and testing existing controls.
• Providing advice and support which enables management to make informed decisions, ensuring compliance best practice, standards and risk mitigation.
• Working with stakeholders, directly and through the compliance team to propose and agree actions required to mitigate key risks.
• Advising stakeholders on possible contraventions of compliance risks or related matters that may compromise business.
• Leading and motivating the compliance team in their advisory and assurance awareness activities.
• Leading and overseeing delivery of Compliance training and personal development.
• Representing and coordinating compliance at relevant meetings and committees with key regulators.
• Leading the Business Risk and Sales/Client Teams to provide assurance to the business thereby provide compliance advice and support.
Job Skills and Competencies
• Strong technical background of IPEC/RBZ regulatory requirements across General Insurance.
• Strong understanding of a range of compliance frameworks with ability to present findings of compliance reviews to stakeholders.
• Strong analytical background able to analyse relevant legislation, engage with business on changes and identify potential impact.
• Ability to contribute to the formulation of budgets and effectively manage annual budgets and resources.
• Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing across all levels of management.
• Ability to build successful relationships with a number of diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to operate effectively within a fast-paced organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Risk and Insurance/Economics /Business Studies/Accounting.
• Diploma in Compliance is an added advantage or relevant professional qualification.
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or MBL is a distinct advantage.
• At least 5+ years of experience in the Financial services sector.
• Knowledge of Insurance and Banking business systems, rules and regulations is a distinct added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 29 July 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.