Our client, a dynamic law firm is looking for a suitable young, “top-of-the-class,” Conveyancing Lawyer to join their team. :
- Full Time
Our client, a dynamic law firm is looking for a suitable young, “top-of-the-class,” Conveyancing Lawyer to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft or check sales contracts and agree terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction.
• Collate and send or check supporting legal and financial documents.
• Deal with all financial aspects of a transaction.
• Exchange contracts and complete the transaction.
• Seek to always protect clients’ interests, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering.
• Send terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
• Obtain or check Land Registry documents or title deeds.
• Carry out and check pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants and mortgages.
• Prepare transfer and mortgage deeds.
• Receive mortgage funds.
• Pay taxes and deal with the registration of client and lender with the relevant regulatory authorities.
Qualifications and Experience
• Recognised B. Degree in Law or equivalent qualification augmented by a minimum of 4 years conveyancing experience.
• Knowledge of Real Estate Law and research skills.
• Knowledge of the legal environment and related legislation and policies.
• Good command of the English language
• Computer literacy.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in drafting contracts.
• Ability to interpret relevant conveyancing information.
• Have a proven sense of integrity and outstanding moral principles.
• Have very advanced communication skills and a willingness to raise problematic issues as appropriate.
• Have an entrepreneurial flair and business ability, rather than pure legal capacity.
• Be detailed and thorough.
• Have knowledge of the local area.
How to Apply
If you think you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you.
Please email your CV to [email protected] Closing date is Wednesday 13 October 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.