Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post that has arisen within the institution:
1. Pro Vice Chancellor, Industrialisation, Business Development And Strategic Partnerships (1 Post)
(Re-advertisement, members who have applied previously need not reapply)
The Pro-Vice Chancellor for Industrialisation, Business Development and Strategic Partnerships is responsible for initiating, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, systems and procedures dealing with University industrialisation, business development and strategic partnerships. The Pro-Vice Chancellor for Industrialisation, Business Development and Strategic Partnerships reports to the Vice Chancellor and serves in his stead whenever requested and also works in collaboration with key administration leaders such as the Registrar, the Bursar, the Librarian and Dean of Students.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for
• Initiating, recommending, implementing and monitoring policies, systems and procedures dealing with University industrialisation, business development and strategic partnerships.
• Leading in the creation of Spinoffs, Joint Ventures and other short term and long term income generating projects.
• Providing leadership, oversight and direction to the Schools in all industrialisation, business development programmes, strategic partnerships and the services that support them;
• Driving and implementing Education 5.0 across Schools;
• Facilitating, supervising and development of business development and strategic partnerships;
• Mobilising financial and human capital as well as technology resources and other resources for the University;
• Providing leadership in business development and strategic partnerships for the University;
• Superintending over the establishment and the operations of innovation hubs which transform knowledge into wealth/ tangible products;
• Supervising quality assurance policies which incorporates governance in Schools leading to development of patents and copyrights in the institution;
• Ensuring protection of Intellectual Property;
• Spearheading and supervising sound scholarships through internationalisation of students and staff recruitment, which is an integral part of modern University;
• Supervision of industrialisation, business development and strategic partnerships seminar series which discuss matters of international repute;
• Fostering strategic partnerships that promote internationalisation of curriculum to include industrialization and business development;
• Developing performance benchmarks and quality monitoring and evaluation frameworks for the institution’s innovation hubs and industrial parks;
• Working with other executive members of the University, School Deans and Directors to identify opportunities for industralisation, business development and strategic partnership;
• Develop mechanisms for promoting innovation and production of goods and services with private and public companies, regional and international organisations, and other academic institutions;
• Coordinating and facilitating collaboration with industry leading to the setting up of industrial hubs and parks; and
• Setting up corporate governance and compliance issues, risk identification and management for the University.
• Ensuring internal compliance with national and international quality standards in the manufacturing, marketing and administrative process associated with running projects and business; and
• Setting up business management systems that comply with best practice in procurement, processing, marketing and distribution value chains.
Qualifications and Experience
The Pro-Vice Chancellor for Industrialisation, Business Development and Strategic Partnerships should be a full Professor or Associate Professor who possesses an earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution and demonstrated analytical and business/problem solving skills are essential. A business related qualification would be an added advantage.
Competences and Experience
The ideal candidate must:
• Be a prominent academic with a minimum of twelve (12) years of related work experience, of which five (5) years should be at senior management level within a University institution at the level of Dean, Director or better;
• Have a proven record of scholarship, research, publications, collaborations, networking and resource mobilisation;
• Possess substantial experience in strategic academic planning, policy development, budgeting, and academic personnel administration in a higher education setting;
• Experience in financial management, budgeting and ability to create wealth and to assist in the development and implementation of the University business projects; and
• Have the ability to establish public and private partnerships to foster business relationships.
The post requires an outstanding academic with a distinguished record of industrialization, business development, strategic partnerships and implementations of business projects. Experience in field work, project and higher degree supervision, as well as a proven track record of research, publications, collaboration, networking and resource mobilisation is a requirement. Additional attributes that would have to be demonstrated are resourcefulness, interpersonal communication skills, ability to work with a team, provide leadership and embrace diversity. In addition the candidate must be an individual of personal and professional integrity with a distinguished record of accomplishment in higher education and proven record of business achievement.
How to Apply
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Detailed information about the advertised posts can be accessed on the Great Zimbabwe University Website (www.gzu.ac/zw)
Applicants must submit six copies of applications of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and detailed curriculum vitae to:
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
Email applications to [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 03 September, 2021.