In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Researcher: Media Monitors
Deadline: 15 July 2021
About the organisation
- Media Monitors is a strategic media support organisation with 20 years of experience in supporting three critical pillars: Citizens access to information;
- Enhanced media credibility and performance; and Supporting partner communication and media objectives
- To contribute to these pillars, Media Monitors has undertaken specific programmes and provided strategic media and communication support services through: media monitoring and strategic media research; journalism training and capacity building to strengthen media performance;
- strengthening citizens access to information on critical issues; supporting media rights and freedom of expression advocacy; and data mining, and analytics to provide insights on strategic communication objectives that include information dissemination, knowledge building, reputation management and competitor analysis among others
- To provide research and analysis services of the performance and output of mainstream, alternative and new media within specific project-related parameters.
Media research and analysis
- Developing the organisation’s monitoring and research projects that respond to specific challenges in the media industry;
- Coordination of the development of monitoring indicators for specific reports and research papers;
- Drafting and facilitating the commissioning of media research papers and reports for specific projects; Presenting research findings to diverse stakeholders and receive feedback to facilitate revision of the papers; Convening meetings with the media advisory group/think tank to identify critical research areas and topics in the media and identify strategic intervention points
- Managing research and monitoring projects including: Overall project management and oversight, Monitoring the implementation of specific project activities in close consultation with relevant project departments, Production of periodic project reports as required, and for monthly internal programme meetings, Conducting specific monitoring and evaluation activities for the specific projects, Liaison with the Finance and Administration department in compilation of project financial reports and reconciliations
- Strong conceptual knowledge of the Zimbabwean Media sector including mainstream journalism, advertising and marketing; Strong content editing and proof-reading skills;
- Knowledge and experience of conducting both quantitative and qualitative media content research.
- This should include social phenomenon and the business environment;
- Strong report writing skills including but not limited to; drafting reports, statements and research papers targeting different stakeholders;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Keen interest in global trends and phenomenon; Team player
- Minimum University degree in Media and Communication-related field or other relevant Disciplines.
- An advanced degree is an added advantage;
- Minimum 7 years progressive work experience in journalism, research or another communication field; Proficiency in different Microsoft Office applications
Please send your CV and motivational letter to the following email: [email protected]