Timber Workshop Manager :
- Full Time
Responsible for ensuring that the company's lumber, furniture and doors are produced safely and at a high level of quality to ensure on time delivery all while controlling production costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage associates in safe production and manufacturing of doors, furniture and roofing timber that meet customer needs and drives improvement in key business metrics.
• Manage and lead in the overall production and manufacturing process at the sawmill site and workshop site.
• People development, reliability, procurement, productivity, environmental and other site stewardship responsibilities are the ultimate responsibility of the Production Manager.
• Ensure that business and individual goal setting processes such as capital plans, expense budgets, safety strategic plans and performance management plans are developed and executed with excellence.
• Enforce safety guidelines and company standards.
• Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate effectively to employees as well as management.
• Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules.
• Oversee and coach employees.
• Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
• Follow up the production output at sawmill and workshop according to set specifications.
• Submit daily, monthly and annual reports on performance and progress.
• Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
• Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow processes.
• Inform product costs, pricing and source markets for lumber and other products
• Coordinate sales team and report on feedback from the market.
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in a technical, wood processing or relevant field from any reputable institution.
• Minimum of 15-20 years of operations (lumber) and manufacturing environment
• At least 10 year as production manager production
• Highly Preferable candidates with extensive proven experience in the wood market
• Proven record of positive accomplishments in safety, quality, and production initiatives.
• Ability to develop and engage a high performing workforce.
• Ability to build leadership and talent to support retention and continuous employee development
• Proven record of effectively engaging employees in behaviour-based safety techniques Knowledge and experience in the use of statistical process control techniques in wood production.
• Proven experience as a Production Supervisor at Saw Mill level or similar role.
• Exceptional organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Flexible work hours are required to meet the needs of a 24/7 and Saw Mill production environment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a Wood Production Plant, Operational Plan and Sales Plan as well as high levels of implementation.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience improving manufacturing reliability.
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles
"Personal Property & Materials Sales, Office & House Dispersal Sales, Motor Vehicle Valuations & Auctions, Plant & Machinery Valuations & Auctions, Business Liquidations"