Trade Intelligence Officer :
- Full Time
Provide market trade intelligence through research, compilation and analysis of data using available tools for the benefit of the Organization’s Stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze the profile and dynamics of export markets for any product, assess the value, size, and concentration of exports, and highlight countries that should be targeted.
• View the world’s major importing countries, illustrate the extent of import concentration and the countries in which demand has increased.
• Identify the leading exporting countries for a given product; highlight a country’s position in world exports or in the imports of partner and neighboring countries.
• Make a comparative assessment of import demand for related products in an export market; identify imports of similar products and possible synergies.
• Identify opportunities offered by the various bilateral and multilateral trade agreements and advise exporters on how to take advantage of the opportunities.
• Input in policy papers including the national budget, the monetary policy as well as trade negotiations.
• Identify gaps/window periods that Zimbabwean exporters need to take advantage of to maximize on low supply but high demand in those identified markets
• Identify product-specific opportunities by comparing actual bilateral trade, the total import demand of partner countries, and the overall export supply capacity of the home country.
• Obtain information from global organizations’, enabling local companies to identify trading partners across the world.
• Assist in building the capacity of the Trade Intelligence Centre to become the undisputed best source of relevant and up-to-date trade-related information in the country.
• Keep abreast of technological advancements, benchmark Trade Intelligence performance practices, and tools.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluate their credibility and potential utility, and leverage them where appropriate.
• Foster healthy, profitable and long-lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, International Trade, Marketing, Banking, or similar.
2. 3 years plus of professional experience, locally and regionally, at the management level.
3. Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills are essential.
4. High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
5. Organized self-starter with attention to detail.
6. Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and Tech-savvy with an aptitude to learn new tools.
How to Apply