Accounts Clerk :
- Full Time
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Zimbabwe and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Zimbabwe Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
Title: Accounts Clerk (8 positions)
Reports: Provincial Accountant
Location: Masvingo, Gweru, Harare, Mutare, Bulawayo, Gwanda, Chinhoi, Marondera
The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for the provision of accounting and administrative services at Provincial level. The position holder will make sure that they apply appropriate accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate financial reports are delivered timely.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Accountabilities/ Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Processing Payments, accountabilities and manage provincial collections
• Review of payments requisitions, especially regarding budget availability, and appropriateness of corresponding support documents
• Processing/preparing payment vouchers.
• Receive and acknowledge receipt of accountability documents.
• Review and query (if necessary) the accountability documents.
• Issue query sheets in case of deficits on the accountability documents.
• Record double entries relating to the accountabilities in the accounting system.
• Capture accountabilities after the supervisor’s approval.
• Filing accountabilities and payment vouchers.
• Organize photocopy, sort, and dispatch the financial documents.
• Process provincial remittances to headquarters
• Manage collections and follow up of payments from Province income generating activities.
2. Budgeting & reporting
• Bank reconciliations reports.
• Develop Provincial annual and quarterly budgets.
• Prepare Provincial financial reports and submit to respective supervisors.
3. Risk Management
• Assess risks that affect the achievement of the job purpose/ objective.
• Manage assessed risks.
• Maintain a risk register.
• Escalate risks to the supervisor.
• Implement measures to ensure compliance to ZRCS policies and
5. Carry out other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
1. BSc/BBA/BCom degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a recognized
1. Minimum of at least 1-year relevant work experience in a similar position.
2. Experience in Navision Accounting System is essential but not a prerequisite
1. Proficiency in bookkeeping and double-entry accounting
2. High level of financial discipline and integrity.
3. Attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
5. Strong Interpersonal skills.
6. High level of integrity
7. Good communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] to the attention of :
The Secretary General,
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society,
10 St Annes Avondale
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 22 April 2022
Due to large volumes of applications; only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Please specify your preferred location
N.B: ZRCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply