CHAMBER SECRETARY’S DEPARTMENT
JOB: CHAMBER SECRETARY
REPORTS TO: TOWN CLERK
The position exists to guide and manage the overall provision of Legal, Secretarial, Transport and Public Safety Services, Policies, and Programs for the entire council, fostering strong adherence to statutes, regulations and administrative standards that support Council’s strategic plans, serves on the executive committee advising on all legal, administrative and corporate governance issues.
- KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provides leadership and counsel in the formulation of legal and administrative policies and strategies to ensure that the entire council observes the prevailing legal, administrative and corporate governance standards.
- Provides legal advice/services to Council as well as ensuring that all legal frameworks including By-Laws supporting the operations of Council are current and relevant.
- Oversees and coordinates the operations of public safety and emergency services portfolios.
- Development and inculcation of strong administrative practices that support the organizational vision and strategies.
- Provides ongoing support to Council and its committees and management around the understanding and application of legal, administrative and corporate governance standards.
- Ensures that council resolutions and policies are in accordance with relevant statutes, By-Laws and other regulations or guidelines.
- Performs any other duty within the scope of this job as assigned from time to time by the Town Clerk
- QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Law/Social Science/Administration Degree or equivalent
- An MBA/MBL/MPA/MSc or equivalent
- Full member of a recognized professional body
- A clean Class 4 Drivers Licence Experience
- 5-7 years relevant working experience with a minimum of 3 years at a senior management level in a local government environment.
- High levels of integrity
- High levels of organizational awareness
- Astute leadership qualities
- Financial probity
- Mature Disposition
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Application Details
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building