VACANCY IN THE PROGRAMMES MANAGEMENT UNIT
The Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe received grants for the African Development Bank and World Bank, to finance the following projects: Youth and Women Empowerment Project (YWEP), Institutional Support for the State Enterprise Reform and Delivery Project (ISERDP), Africa Disaster Risk Financing Programme (ADRiFi) under the African Development bank and Public Financial Management Enhancement Project (PFMEP). SPF-Support to Zimbabwe Recovery and Resilience under the World Bank.
POST: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
The Procurement Officer reports to the Procurement Specialist:
Duties and Responsibilities: The Procurement Officer shall:
- Assist in the production of the annual procurement plans and schedules in accordance with World Bank / African Development Bank rules and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to the procedures, guidelines as stipulated in the procurement Guidelines or manuals of World Bank / African Development Bank.
- Assist to ensure all procurement documents prepared by the beneficiaries of the programmes projects for tire procurement of goods and services are in accordance with the procurement guidelines of the World Bank / African Development Bank;
- Review procurement requests for completeness, adequacy and clarity.
- Provide technical support to beneficiaries in updating procurement plans and verifying that projects proposed for tender do not exceed the budget in the approved procurement plan;
- Assist hi the preparation, compilation and or review of tender documentation, draft tender announcements and invitations and participation in the evaluation offenders and hi the preparation of evaluation reports;
- Review draft contracts and amendments hi collaboration with technical staff and ensure correctness of specifications of goods / works or terms of reference for consultancy services;
- Ensure proper record keeping and timely filing of tender and related documents;
- l Develop and maintain procurement database on service providers (including consultants and suppliers) and contracts;
- Ensure that suppliers provide guarantees as may be required;
- Facilitate the clearance of goods supplied from outside Zimbabwe hi liaison with ZIMRA;
- Maintain control of the period of contract validity and notify the Procurement Specialist of the contract termination dates on a timely basis;
- Verify supplies and prepare payment certificates for supplies of goods not related to civil works and
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by the programme Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A bachelor’s degree hi Procurement or related field;
- Minimum of five years of experience in public procurement, three years of which is in handling procurement activities using Bank (or similar MDBs) procurement guidelines;
- Membership in a recognized procurement-related institute, such as CIPs or ISM;
- Experience with preparing complex packages like QCBS and ICB. and successfully completed such packages
- Knowledge or experience with Bank/other international development organisations’ procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge of the institutional, technical and commercial aspects of procurement;
- Experience hi delivering trainings and capacity building programs;
- Demonstrated high experience in contract management at managerial level
An attractive package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be revealed to thc shortlisted candidates.
The assignment should start by 01 September 2020.
The duration of the assignment is 12 months and is renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Job Application Details
Submission of applications:
Interested persons should submit their applications with detailed CV, certified copies of certificates on the address listed below on or before the close of business on the 26th of July 2020. The post being applied for should be written on the envelope.
Secretary for Finance and Economic Development
Mgandane Dlodlo Building
Floor, ‘B’ Block
Corner Samora Machel Avenue/Simon Vengayi Muzenda Street