3 (Three) x Information and Communication Technology Coach
Location: Waterfalls, Bulawayo and Bindura
Functional supervisor: ICT Manager
Direct supervisor: Location Program Manager
Job ref: SOS2/29/11
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
- The Location ICT Coach is responsible for providing Digital Literacy skills training to the location children, youths and caregivers ensuring that the location Digital Village Project goals are realized.
- S/He collaborates with colleagues in the development and updating of the Digital Village Digital Literacy skills curriculum.
- The Location ICT Coach works in partnership with the Location co-workers to implement the Digital Village Project.
- The Location ICT Coach also assists the ICT Manager by providing ICT technical support to co-workers and maintaining ICT infrastructure at the location.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
Teaching and learning
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to provide children & youths in care and caregivers with the opportunity to achieve their potential;
- Ensure that lessons are engaging and stimulating taking into account individual needs of the learners;
- Manage, develop and share resources to enhance Digital literacy skills training;
- Contribute to objectives of the Digital Village Project curriculum area within the location;
- Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work as agreed with the ICT Manager and Location Program Manager;
- Monitor the progress and achievement of the learners and identify the appropriate intervention strategies for underachieving learners;
- Maintain effective behaviour management in classroom using positive behaviour strategies to ensure learner’s engagement in the lesson;
- Keep records of learners’ progress and achievement and set appropriate targets;
- Supervise the location Digital Hub volunteers.
- Provide onsite and remote support for location users’ daily technical issues and provide timely and effective solutions;
- Carry out routine maintenance of all computer hardware;
- Install and configure approved computer hardware and licensed software, following agreed policies and procedures;
- Maintain up-to-date hardware and software inventories;
- Monitor ICT (physical and network) security and report any risks or incidents to the Location Programs Manager and ICT Manager;
- Maintain an up-to date ICT documentation of all ICT services at the location; infrastructure, hardware, network, licenses, location access credentials and any ICT related service or contracts;
- Ensure all software and hardware operated in the location are officially licensed and have the latest security patches, updates and firmware;
- Perform additional responsibilities and duties as requested by the Location Programs Manager & ICT Manager within the frame of the technical areas of expertise.
- Raises awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination;
- Carries out CS risk assessment within his / her sphere of responsibility and ensures that relevant actions are put in place to mitigate the existing and possible CS risks;
- Reports any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures.
- CS reports should be made to the national CS focal person or any other member of the national CS team and / or to respective line managers.
- Excellent Instructor Skills;
- Excellent organization skill in providing help online or onsite;
- Understanding of Microsoft network environments;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure;
- Good communicator with staff, children and youths; ICDL Certified Trainer;
- Basic Hardware and Software Maintenance Skills;
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft windows server and client operating systems;
- Knowledge in ICT4D implementation;
- Knowledge in Cyber Child Safeguarding and Cyber Safety;
- 2 Years strong working experience in ICT.
- BSc degree in Information Technology / Information Systems / Computer Sciences or Diploma in Education majoring in ICT; ICDL Certified Trainer.
Send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of certified academic certificates. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and sent to [email protected]
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.