Accountant: Tax and Regulatory Reporting :
- Full Time
Provide accounting support and assist in preparing and submitting statutory returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Focus Areas
• Prepare various tax returns and ensure filing timely and accurately.
• Prepare all tax payments for the various tax heads before the due dates on a monthly basis
• Prepare supporting calculations for Quarterly Payments Dates (QPDs) and Annual Tax Returns including payment of the taxes.
• Assist the Manager in closely tracking updates on tax rules and regulations, and timely adjust internal policy and procedures to reflect the changes.
• Assist the Manager to establish standardized internal controls and procedures of tax management for the Bank.
• Collaborate with tax authorities on information requests and audits.
2. Regulatory Reporting
• Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Regulatory returns to ensure accuracy and completeness before submission to regulatory bodies: Reserve Bank, Deposit Protection Corporation, etc.
• Investigate and explain all material periodic movements on such returns and initiate any correcting journals where discrepancies have been noted
• Address and resolve queries on statutory returns and reports and provide first-line contact with regulatory bodies.
• Maintain a file of all correspondences with regulatory authorities.
• Assist with the annual year-end external audit requirements for tax and regulatory returns.
• Maintain and track a calendar of all regulatory and tax returns
• Liaise with the Tax Authorities monthly to prepare reconciliations for all tax head accounts with ZIMRA.
• Reconcile internal general ledger clearing accounts for all tax types on a monthly basis.
• Maintain an attestation file for internal and external tax accounts and ensure that reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner
• Provide a monthly analysis of key P&L and Balance Sheet lines for month-end reporting.
• Preparing month-end schedules and journal entries, posting to general ledger as well as authorising journal entries initiated by colleagues
• Review and authorise general ledger maintenances including marking of holidays, opening of accounts, locking and unlocking of General Ledgers, etc.
• Assists with the resolution of external and internal audit findings.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications and Work Experience
• B.Comm, BA or BSc or equivalent in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, or related field
• Progress towards attainment of a professional accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIS, CIMA, or ICTA
• A minimum of 2 years experience as an Accountant or a similar role.
• Previous tax experience whether within Zimra or in an auditing firm is an advantage.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
Skills and Competencies:
• Highly attentive to detail
• Proficiency in process improvement
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
• Strong relationships building and networking skills.
• The ability to show empathy to diffuse and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
Job Related Knowledge
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• In-depth knowledge of tax principles and tax administration
• Knowledge and experience in compiling regulatory returns for Banks
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Accountant: Tax and Regulatory Reporting” attaching certified copied of your academic qualifications and National ID.APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 29 May 2022 @ 1630hrs.
BancABC Zimbabwe Jobs BancABC Zimbabwe Vacancies