Chief Director – Roads :
- Full Time
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant post of 1 x Chief Director: Roads in the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructural Development as detailed below:
Post C : Chief Director – Roads
Grade : F2
Reports to : Permanent Secretary
Department : Roads
Ministry : Ministry of Transport And
Station : Head Office
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Spearhead the development, formulation, implementation and review of policies, procedures, regulations and strategies for the department.
2. Oversee the planning, designing, construction, maintenance and rehabilitation of road infrastructure.
3. Design and facilitate a framework of engagement of internal and external partners in roads infrastructure planning, development, management and maintenance.
4. Oversee compliance and adherence by other road authorities to national and international standards.
5. Coordinate and participate in regional and international engagements and negotiations on road infrastructure development.
6. Provide oversight over the operations of the country’s road authority, Zimbabwe National Road Authority (ZINARA).
7. Represent the Ministry at National, Regional and International fora.
8. Oversee the establishment and management of an effective integrated database.
9. Superintend over the mobilisation of resources and development of funding strategies/models for country’s road transport infrastructure
10. Account for the human, financial and material resources allocated to the department.
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• At least a Master’s degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering Degree or equivalent.
• Accreditation or certification to a professional body is an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ experience in the Director or equivalent grade or 10 years’ experience in senior management in a relevant field.
• Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
• A high degree of maturity, self-discipline, initiative and creativity.
• Thorough knowledge of Public Service Regulations and Procedures.
• Sound knowledge of current National Economic Development Policies, Programmes and Priorities.
• Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
• Ability to employ Information Communication Technology (ICTs) in the planning, development, designing and maintenance of road infrastructure.
How to Apply
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach the Public Service Commission by 19 April 2022 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
9th Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way