Cyber Security Internship / Attachment Opportunity :
ProComm is looking for talented, highly motivated, passionate and curious university students for our Cyber Security team to help increase the security posture across the organisation. Our future talent will be interns as Information Security Engineers, Security Operations Analysts, and Cyber Threat Analysts, Digital Forensic Analysts, Incident Responders, Penetration Testers in training. You will wear many hats as you work in a fast-paced environment and produce results where the frequency of sophisticated cyber-attacks will only increase making this work critically important. The internship runs from January to December 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interns/Attaches on this team may be involved in:
• Information Security Operations
• Security Engineering
• Threat Analysis and Hunting
• Detection and Incident Response
• Security Tool Integrations
• Updating or crafting new documentation
• Remaining current on Cyber Security Trends and Research Techniques
Qualifications and Experience
• Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree degree program (Preference: Cyber Security, Computer
Science, Engineering or related fields)
• Understanding how IT can introduce security risks and adversely impact an organisation
• Completed a networking class or have a basic understanding of networking and the most
commonly used protocols
• Have a basic understanding of any scripting language (able to read & understand a scripting
• Basic understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
• Be comfortable with solving problems on your own (GoogleFu)
• Ready to develop your technical skillset.
• A willingness to be challenged and a strong desire for continuous learning and growth
• You should be able work well under pressure, prioritise and make sound decisions.
• Willingness to work on shift rotation basis, after-hours, weekends and holidays.