In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Data Scientist to join its Technical team. The main purpose of the position is to support the monetization of data analytics science as a service through the application of advanced data science methodologies on an array of business problems. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and analysing raw data to produce patterns that will produce valuable business insights.
- Identifies and executes appropriate analytical techniques and data science methodologies and algorithms to provide in-depth analysis of transactional, subscriber and aggregated data including prescriptive and predictive models.
- Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Collaborates with the data engineering department to identify data scrubbing and enrichment projects, determining the requirements for these projects and testing outcomes.
- Reports on and presents findings on algorithm development including the quantification of its business impact.
- Prepares and builds scenario-based business models to evaluate the financial feasibility of campaigns.
- Develops and designs appropriate processes for the analysis of data including continual improvement of products for monetization projects.
- Identifies new technologies for review and testing in the field of data science to optimise productivity and efficiency in the department.
- Reviews problems affecting reporting applications and acts as second-line level support for user queries.
- Conducts thorough user acceptance testing on automated solutions, including reviewing the algorithms, recommendations, and financial feasibility of the latter.
- Identifies new technologies for review and testing in the field of data science to optimise productivity and efficiency within the department.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: text mining and social network analysis.
- Experience in R, Python, SQL, NoSQL.
- Extensive knowledge of Fintech and Telecoms development.
- Honesty & integrity is a must.
Please apply to The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the position of “Data Scientist” in the subject area by the 23rd of July 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.