The Public Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified job seekers to fill following posts in the Ministry of National Housing and Social Amenities:
POST A: DIRECTOR URBAN HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: CHIEF DIRECTOR, HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT: URBAN HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
STATION: HEAD OFFICE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement urban housing and social amenities policies and strategies that ensure sustainable urban housing and development in consultation with local authorities, relevant Line Ministries and other stakeholders.
- Review policies, strategies, criteria and procedures for all urban housing and social amenities developments in line with the national development priorities such as devolution. National Development Strategy and Vision 2030.
- Provide direction in the development of policy documents, standard operating procedures and any related documentation to improve the implementation of urban housing and social amenities projects.
- Develop and manage housing and social amenities programs in accordance with the National Human Settlement Policy.
- Manage the process of regularization of unplanned settlements in urban areas.
- Develop appropriate financial models in order to assist in mobilising resources for the implementation of urban housing and social amenities development projects and programmes through stakeholder engagement initiatives.
- Develop frameworks that align with international protocols and conventions on urban housing and social amenities development.
- Manage the planning and procurement of materials for projects supported by the Procurement Management Unit.
- Develop the framework for selecting the beneficiaries for the housing projects to be undertaken.
- Develop appropriate housing and social amenities designs and technologies for urban settings (environmental friendly infrastructure).
- Formulate the Department’s work plans and feed into the development of the Ministry’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate the training and development of Staff in the Department.
- Facilitate the acquisition of land for urban housing development.
- Manage the Department’s human and financial resources.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A Degree in Rural & Urban Planning, Housing and Estates Management, Estate Management or any other equivalent.
- A Master degree in tlie above mentioned field(s) is an added advantage.
- Project Management Qualification is an added advantage
- Professional membership of Housing or Estate Management is an added advantage
- Should have served at least three (3) years in the Deputy Director (E5) grade or a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the Housing delivery sector and of which three (3) years must have been at middle management level.
- A thorough understanding of Acts, regulations and procedures governing urban housing development.
- A thorough understanding of the national development priorities such as devolution. National Development Strategy and Vision 2030.
- A good team leader.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule, track and monitor multiple project progress.
- Highly flexible and quick to adapt to changing technologies and priorities.
- Excellent report writing skills
Job Application Details
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach the Public Service Commission by 31st of July 2020 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
6111 Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street Julius Nyerere Way