Global Asset Management Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Global Asset Management Director (GAMD) is a new role within VFI Global Finance.
Reporting to the CFO of VFI and managing a team of five employees, the GAMD has responsibility for the VFI global balance sheet and ensuring it is aligned behind the Our Livelihoods Promise strategy. The GAMD will manage and coordinate the asset and liability sides of VFI's balance sheet together with the treasury processes of the Group. As well as 'running the bank' and liaising with WV Treasury, this role will also centrally drive and oversee global liquidity and solvency in the field and improve the Group's treasury systems and processes to ensure efficiency and informed decision making.
This is a key strategic role to achieving the 2030 Strategy.
- Oversight of both the Global Debt Capital Management function (responsible for the raising and management of external finance) and the Global Investment Management function (responsible for the deployment of that finance around the Network). A key element of the role is to ensure that these asset and liability sides of the balance sheet are effectively managed and coordinated.
- For liability side, the GAMD must ensure that the Group is appropriately and efficiently funded. This includes ensuring that relationships with external lenders are maintained and developed; ensuring that new funds are effectively and efficiently sourced; and managing the debt at MFI level. A strong working relation should also develop with the Fundraising/Grants teams.
- For the asset side, the GAMD must ensure that capital (whether debt or equity) is effectively deployed within the MFIs in a way that assists in maximising impact. A strong working relation should develop between the GAMD’s team and the Regional Heads and MFI management to ensure that their regulatory capital and liquidity needs are appropriately serviced. The GAMD must ensure a rigorous, objective and transparent decision making process.
- Overall responsibility for VFI cash flow and capital forecasting, including driving effective central oversight of MFI liquidity and capital levels.
- The GAMD is responsible for the management of the interest rate and FX risk that arises around the group, including risks relating to debt and investments.
- Ensure that all regular and ad hoc reporting on treasury is carried out with sufficient quality and timeliness.
- Ensure the function staff receive appropriate training in treasury. Mentor and coach the team to ensure their well being and effectiveness.
- A key member of both the ALCO and IISC committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 15 years professional relevant experience; a minimum of 10 years external experience working in the treasury or capital markets functions of a multinational organization, preferably at a Group level.
- Debt capital markets experience including the issuance of a variety of debt instruments and managing the debt investor relationships that arise from that.
- Design and management of the intra-group funding strategy of a financially regulated group to assist in the movement of capital around the group.
- Management of balance sheet risk including interest rate risk, liquidity risk and foreign exchange risk.
- Must be cross culturally sensitive as will work with associates from every area of the world.
- Able to balance Christian values with commercial practices.
- Fluency in English.
- MCT (or equivalent treasury qualification) or CFA (or equivalent asset management qualification) qualified.
- MBA preferred.
- CPA/ACA (or equivalent) accounting qualification preferred.
- Good project management and organizational skills; a balanced and respectful approach to teams' differing responsibilities; excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills in both oral and written forms; effective coach - able to train people in VisionFund policies and procedures formally and informally; solid understanding of financial reporting and performance measurements and planning/forecasting; and consulting skills to be able to analyze, recommend solutions, mentor and direct people.
- Travel: Up to 15% travel is required.
To apply click HERE