JOB TITLE: IT Officer
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
The Organisation of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP) is a leading local NGO involved in development and relief (emergency) work in rural communities in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South and Midlands provinces. It exists to fight all forms of poverty among the rural and urban grassroots communities of disadvantaged women, men and youth through the empowerment of people by facilitating their development in their diverse cultural contexts.
The vacancy for the upcoming USAID funded Amalima Loko Project. The project seeks to improve food security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management. Its purposes are P1: Enhanced and inclusive local ownership over food security and resilience planning and development, P2: Watershed management improved, P3: Adaptive and absorptive capacity improved.
The Information, Communication and Technology Officer for ORAP, has to deliver an integrated, efficient, and secure working environment where information is readily available to help advance the Amalima Loko and other ORAP programs. The role of ICT Officer is to make a positive impact by supporting the use of technology, enabling the delivery of effective, secure IT systems and contributing to development and implementation of IT standards and policies. The job holder will support and maintain the day-to-day operations of ORAP’s management information systems, through the provision of a client-oriented service that focuses on the support of staff and the implementation of innovative solution that automate business process and inform decision-makers.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include:-
- Providing Service for the staff by documenting, analyzing and troubleshooting for resolution of reported user problems in a professional and courteous manner. Ensuring all support provided is documented in a Customer Support & Service desk Management System.
- Administering and supporting essential business systems including e-mail, Last Mile Mobile System (LMMS), Zoom, Skype, Local Area Network (LAN), the Internet and other communication systems, to ensure availability at all times
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting on software, hardware, LAN, e-mail and databases, and ensure the availability of connectivity to make sure all web based partnership applications are accessible
- Ensuring Information and Data Security of the user data, ICT systems and resources by doing anti-virus installations & regular update, regular critical system backup and enforcing laid down ICT security policies to guarantee business continuity in the unlikely event of an ICT disaster.
- Facilitating ICT skills building for staff to increase their competence in use of ORAP ERP applications and ICT productivity tools such Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), e-e-mail, LMMS, Zoom, Skype, etc and ensure the implementation of ICT policies, standards, and procedures at HQ and District Office level as per the ORAP ICT guidance
- Supporting procurement of ICT goods and services by providing technical specifications & performing acceptance test for such goods and services, and working with vendors and service providers to ensure timely delivery of requested goods and services in consultation with the Operations Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Electronic Engineering.
- Experience: 4 years relevant experience in development and emergency response programs
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position
- Application development qualification will be an added advantage
- Three years working experience in the information technology/ information systems context, two of these spend administering an office network
- An exceptional understanding of the g-mail and outlook platform and the infrastructure that supports it including ISP relations and remote user connectivity
- Working experience in mail systems and Windows operating systems (server and clients). A certification in any of these would be an added advantage