In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
- Effectively drive CIMMYT maize product delivery for the breeding pipelines in southern Africa.
- Through strong collaboration with the teams involved in line development breeding, molecular breeding, phenotyping, and seed systems, ensure generation of high-quality data, statistical analysis and summary of results for stage-gate advancement, especially from Stage 3 to Stage 4, and from Stage 4 to Stage 5.
- Enhance operational efficiency by regular review of the regional on-station trial data.
- Convene the Southern African Maize Product Advancement Meetings with active and efficient engagement of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work in close collaboration with the regional breeding and GIS teams to optimize and align trial locations with product pipeline testing requirements.
- Effectively fulfill agreed-upon QA/QC and seed quality targets for Stage 4 hand-off to the seed systems team in southern Africa.
- Strongly contribute to the goal of increasing genetic gains in CIMMYT’s southern African maize breeding pipelines, including formulation, testing and identification of impactful hybrids.
- Provide leadership to a team of research technicians and drive ownership and accountability amongst the team members.
- Contribute effectively to the regional collaborative maize breeding network, and capacity building of partner institutions in southern Africa.
- Ensure proper utilization of financial and human resources, as assigned by the program management.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts of the CIMMYT-GMP in Africa.
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships, and impacts, including publication of high-quality journal articles.
- Perform additional/other duties, as may be assigned by the supervisor and Program Director.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
· Strong interest in applied Maize breeding.
· A PhD degree in breeding or genetics, preferably with Maize or other cereals.
To apply click HERE