Job Category: Procurement
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Site Materials Controller to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) for a role based in Zimbabwe.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Materials Controller requires knowledge and skills in all phases of materials management, particularly in the physical control of all site materials. Knowledge of a wide diversity of construction materials and familiarity with home office engineering is advantageous. Skills in receiving, inspection, warehousing, issuing, and shipping of materials are required. The Materials Controller must possess organizational capabilities so that materials are received, categorized, and stored in the most efficient manner to minimize inventories and maximize construction schedules, and should have a thorough comprehension of manual and computerized systems available for performing allocated functions and inventory maintenance. Comprehensive knowledge of physical inventory methodologies and reconciliations is required.
As The Successful Candidate, You Will Have
- Extensive site experience in an EPCM project environment on major capital projects, working in large construction sites
- Technical knowledge/understanding
- Management and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of material management systems
- Excellent understanding of procurement and construction processes
- Skilled in the production of reports and presentations.
- Ability to travel to other Hatch offices or project sites as required, sometimes extensively and on a relatively short notice.
You Bring To The Role
- Review and manage the material control and warehousing system(s) to be utilized for the control of project materials and equipment.
- Coordinate with the project team members the material identification requirements applicable to the project (stock codes, tag numbers, spool marking, instrument identification, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the procurement purchasing system, engineering systems and materials management system.
- Providing and overseeing asset registers and equipment maintenance logs, includes interfacing with the Field Engineering Manager.
- Manage the material storage/projection plans and storage facility use.
- Implement project receiving, storage, control and issue procedure. Ensure receiving and issuing procedures include requirements for certification and traceability is met before equipment and materials can be fully accepted or issued for fabrication or construction.
- Implement plan for verifying inventories to ensure adequate controls are in place and that stock levels of material are available to support the project requirements.
- Assist in identification as early in the project as possible any surplus or obsolete materials and coordinate with site materials planner and engineering a materials substitution program to minimize final surplus, obsolete or scrap materials and monitor their disposition in accordance with project procedures.
- Implement Procurement Execution Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups, within area of responsibility
- Implement the planned Construction Work Packaging (CWP) structure on the project through coordination with field engineering, construction, and/or contractors/subcontractors, project controls and the Site Materials Planner
- Coordinate with warehouse personnel for materials to be issued direct to the installation area, as opposed to being controlled in storage
- Remain knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
- Coordinate material availability in support of design revisions, rework, contingency or work around plans
- Coordinate with Site Logistics Coordinator for heavy lifts, oversized shipments, or materials and equipment requiring special handling upon arrival to the project
- Coordinate with construction contractors methods for withdrawing materials and equipment for installation and implement agreed methods
- Coordinate with Site Materials Manager regarding warehouse manpower and equipment needs for daily receiving and issue operations to ensure accurate distribution of materials to construction and/or contractor/subcontractor installation locations
- Participate in construction and/or contractor/subcontractor planning meetings to be fully aware of changes in installation plans and priorities
- Manage the materials issued directly to construction contractors as well as materials which are controlled inventory requiring an approved withdrawal document.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
To apply please click HERE