Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant posts that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund (ZIMDEF) – an equal opportunity employer. The vacant posts are based at ZIMDEF Head Office in Harare.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring prompt payments of the Fund’s obligations to include institutions of higher learning, external clients, service providers and members of staff in line with the approved budgets.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing requests for payments from both internal and external clients
- Reconciling creditors so as to possess correct information of all creditors and ensuring that creditors are paid timeously to avoid any disruptions to business due to non-payments.
- Requesting and obtaining bank statements from all banks to facilitate the reconciliation process
- Updating all cashbooks in the SAP system to inform or provide a picture of organisation funding needs at any given period
- Carrying out debtor’s reconciliations, receipting, banking and filing to track and update records of the business’ transactions
- Collecting and filing all payment records into specific categories for reference purposes and ease of retrieval
- Computing monthly VAT and withholding taxas well as preparing returns for the same
- Responding timeously to queries raised by clients so as to provide the requisite services
- Producing relevant reports as per departmental guidelines and submitting to the Assistant accountant
- Escalating any issuesand recommendations to the Assistant Accountant
Qualifications, Competencies and Work Competencies
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Arelevant higher qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in an accounting environment
- Clean class four (4) driver’s licence
Job Application Details
Eligible candidates are invited to submit their applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae including certified copies of certificates, and the names of 3 contactable referees under confidential cover not later than 13 February, 2021 to the address below. Please be advised that all certificates submitted shall be subjected to verification by the relevant issuing authorities.
The Human Capital Development Manager
Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund
18572 Off Mother Patrick Avenue
P. Bag CY7739
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be advised
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe