JF Kapnek a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies below:
1. Job Title : Admin and Procurement Officer
Reporting to : Administration Manager
Location : Harare
Support the Administration Manager to ensure proper follow up of procurement processes across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Procurement management
• Develop the procurement plan that encompasses requirements by all projects and share with management for approval and continually update it with the progress.
• Preparation of RFQs/RFPs and issuance of Purchase Orders/Contracts in tandem with JFK and Donor Procurement guidelines.
• Support the monitoring of procurement documents to ensure compliance with Admin policies and providing feedback to the requesters.
• Prepare and share weekly Orders and Requisition tracker to update users of progress of procurements.
• Work with the Logistics & Procurement Assistants to ensure procurement thresholds and methods meet policy and Donor guidelines.
• Provide secretarial services to the Internal Procurement Committee (IPC) and file all minutes of the meetings.
2. Support the Admin Manager in the coordination of the Admin function
• Monitor services provided by contractors e.g. security and maintenance.
• Ensuring the implementation of an archiving system for Admin department.
• Consolidating, monitoring, and analysing administrative data submitted by field teams.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with service providers.
3. Supplies management
• Consolidate and coordinate procurement of field office supplies.
• Ensure delivery to the programmes of procured goods and services.
• Ensure proper recording and accountability for all goods in the stores.
• Ensure that the orders are followed up.
4. Reporting & support the Supervision of the administration team by delegation
• Supervise the Procurement Assistant, Cleaner and Gardener
• Ensure the offices and ground are well maintained by the relevant staff and guarantee availability of their needs for cleaning and maintaining the garden.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Higher National Diploma in in Purchasing & Supply / CIPS level 4 or better , and any relevant Procurement and Supply qualification
• At least two years’ experience at a similar level
• USAID procurement experience a must
• Good technical knowledge of procurement management and follow up
• Ability to be thorough and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in procurement
• Good negotiations skills
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
How to Apply
How to apply
Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line.
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 6 June 2021. Applications will be considered as they are received.