Purpose of Job
To support the Digital Marketing Specialist and Brand Specialists in identifying innovative communication channels, developing content, monitoring media placement, distributing promotional materials, managing digital assets, and organizing events and functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the Digital Marketing Specialists and Brand Specialists in coming up with innovative communication channels and identifying opportunities to increase uptake of PSI products and services through mass media, social media and below the line activities.
• Conducts daily media monitoring, checking for booked media schedule conformity, plus flagging any discrepancies to the relevant Brand Specialist.
• Provides or supports the maintenance of PSI/Z digital media assets (websites, mobile applications, chatbots)
• Provides creative design support to all program brands and other departments.
• Designs social media content, roll out content as per content plan and manage all social media channels.
• Plans for the timely distribution of promotional material and printed material to stakeholders and target audiences in line with various PSI communications/campaign objectives
• Assists Brand Specialists in following up actioning of requisitions raised and payments for suppliers of marketing services.
• Disseminates messages and distribute IEC materials at the PSI information booth during agricultural shows, health fairs and other events that reach the target audience in large numbers.
• Assists in the organisation of events and functions as directed by the Brand Specialist / Marketing Manager.
• Carries out any other duties assigned by the Digital Marketing Specialist / Brand Specialist.
Qualifications and Experience
What are we looking for?
• A bachelor’s degree in digital, marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
• At least 1 year of relevant experience in marketing or communications.
• Knowledge in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Good knowledge of evolving social media landscape (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok)
and other digital tools to successfully engage audiences.
• Strong personal initiative, team player.
• Clean class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
How to Apply
In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
Detailed CV and a Cover Letter clearly highlighting the job title on the subject line should be sent not later than June 07, 2021, to [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.