Chief Nursing Sister –Cum-Matron :
- Full Time
The University of Zimbabwe is inviting applications for the following vacant posts:
1. HEALTH SERVICES DIRECTORATE
1.1 Chief Nursing Sister –Cum-Matron (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervision of staff: ensuring that they carry out their duties and activities properly, ethically and in a friendly manner.
• Ensuring that the clinic is managed efficiently and all professional staff are duly registered with the relevant professional bodies.
• Ensuring that relevant clinic Licenses are renewed on time.
• Ensuring that the Clinic has adequate stock levels of drugs.
• Ensuring the clinic and its environs are in a state of cleanliness.
• Maintenance and monitoring quality provision of high quality health care systems and facilities.
• Ensuring transparent and efficient allocation and dispensing of drugs in the clinic dispensary.
• Ensuring accurate records of all clinic clients presenting themselves to the clinic and monitoring the trend of clinical problems.
• Acting as a communication conduit between the Nurses and junior staff and the Directorate.
• Facilitate research and surveys on student health problems and concerns.
• Participating and facilitating meetings and workshops.
• Carryout any other duties assigned by the Director of Health Services
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes Applicants should:
• Be a Registered Nurse (RGN) with midwifery with at least first degree.
• Have a minimum of 5 Ordinary level passes including English Language, Science and Mathematics at Grade C, or better
• Demonstrate an understanding of clinical research, and should be actively involved in student health research
• Be highly computer literate
• Possess a Clean Class 4 Driver’s License (an added advantage)
• Have at least, 10 years post-qualification experience.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six copies of applications, IDs, birth certificate and CVs, giving full particulars including full name, place and date of birth and six copies of academic and professional qualifications for each set of application. Applicants must give information on experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three referees. Applications should be addressed and either hand delivered or posted to: -
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN RESOURCES
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP 167
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 21 January 2022. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.