In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post: Chief Security Officer (1 Post)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a first Degree in Security Management/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent and/any other relevant qualification.
- At least 5 O’ Level passes including English, Certificate/Diploma in Security or proof of having received training in security operations from reputable accredited institutions
- At least ten (10) years’ experience working in security institutions performing security duties of which at least three (3) years should be at supervisory level.
- The incumbent should have no criminal record and should have a strong appreciation of the criminal laws of Zimbabwe.
- Proven experience working with security institutions such as ZRP and Army, and knowledge of radio communication is a requirement.
- Knowledge of closed-circuit television will be an added advantage.
- A holder of a clean class 4 driver’s license.
The Chief Security Officer must be loyal, honest, fair and firm, approachable, consistent, patient and reliable. The incumbent must be mature and of high integrity with ability to handle highly confidential information, deal with visitors, staff, students and all stakeholders with tact and courtesy, and should be able to communicate with people at all levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary objective is the security and safety of students, staff and visitors; University animals, plant life and property (movable and immovable, materials and stock of the University. To achieve this objective, the Chief Security Officer should assist the Vice Chancellor and the Registrar in coming up with a robust Security Policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative and strategic functions of the Security Department.
- Supervise and control work activities for all security staff.
- Develop security policies, strategies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accountable for the security budget, and efficient and effective provision of operational security services.
- Maintain law and order, preserve peace, and protect life and property from malicious damage.
- Ensure that any form of civil commotion that may occur in any part of the University is reasonably suppressed.
- Loss control by putting in place robust security systems and ensure the same are adhered to.
- Maintain a CCTV security system and work in liaison with ICT Department in maintaining a cybersecurity system.
- Regulate access to University entry and exit points and ensuring that only staff, registered students, bona fide visitors and stakeholders enter the premises.
- Attend to scenes and incidences as well as coordinating with the various internal and external stakeholders in managing crime scenes, public order situations and disasters that may occur within University premises.
- Exercise good customer relations without compromising on firmness and fairness.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Interested candidates must send applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification (ID & birth certificate) and detailed curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, date of availability, current salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar – Human Resource
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
Bag 7001 Stair Guthrie Road
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to the e-mail address: [email protected] By no later than Friday, 11 June 2021 at 1000 hours. The subject line should be clearly labelled with the post being applied for, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.