Clinical Services Coordinator – Masvingo x1 (Fulltime*1) :
- Full Time
Job exists to Job exists to lead and co-ordinate clinical services provision for New Start Centre clients at the site and in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities.
• Organizes staff into multi-disciplinary teams that work in distinct and mutually exclusive geographical clusters around the New Start Centre.
• Manages Cluster Team Leads to lead clinical service provision, staff time management and outputs reporting.
• Deploys staff to each cluster based on the unique needs of each cluster.
• Ensures strict fire walling to mitigate COVID 19 exposure/infection.
• Plans and coordinates work schedules to ensure optimal service availability at the site and in the clusters.
• Ensures that each cluster is adequately resourced for service delivery through rational and efficient allocation of resources.
• Manages site and cluster client flow to enhance service access while minimising the risk of nosocomial infections.
• Implements the PSH staff performance management system to optimize productivity and service excellence.
• Ensures adherence to minimum cluster implementation standards and protocols by staff working in each cluster.
• Coordinates provision of clinical services across the HIV prevention and treatment cascades.
• Coordinates the provision of integrated SRH services including but not limited to:
o Modern contraceptive methods
o Cervical cancer screening and treatment of early lesions
o Sexually Transmitted Infection screening and management
o Services for survivors of sexual and gender-based violence
• Ensures availability of up to date and relevant procedure manuals, job aids and quality assurance tools for all service delivery areas and points.
• Conducts scheduled sit-ins and spot checks for direct observation of counselling sessions and clinical procedures.
• Demonstrates clinical procedures in the ART, TB & SRH departments, supporting staff to achieve clinical excellence and adherence to protocols.
• Coordinates and monitors infection control prevention activities in their clinical ecosystem.
• Leads the active surveillance, reporting and management of complications and adverse events arising from clinical services delivered by the New Start Centre.
• Leads audits and analyses, monthly, of all complications and adverse events in the New Start Centre.
• Monitors proper and accurate recording of all clinical data ensuring their confidential and secure storage.
• Leads the implementation of structured continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities in the New Start Centre clinical ecosystem to improve service delivery and data quality and achieve clean internal and external quality audits across all service delivery areas.
• Liaises with the different Head-Office-based programme coordinators and support teams to lead the site’s response to QA and support and supervision visit findings.
• Monitors client feedback through Suggestion books and boxes.
• Develop strategies to address gaps highlighted by the Community Led Monitoring Site Committee.
• Attends to clients and resolves client complaints.
• Facilitates site level data quality audit and ensures success in external data quality audits.
• Identifies training needs, develops site training plans and organises training as required.
• Organises and coordinates site clinical and quality assurance meetings.
• Ensures the availability of adequate fuel supplies at all times.
• Ensures vehicles are serviced and maintained as schedule.
• Verifies reconciliations, analyzing logbooks for consistency of mileage covered versus fuel usage.
• Makes requests for outreach per diems and toll gate fees and makes monthly reconciliations.
• Ensures monthly site maintenance payments are made.
• Requests for and ensures an effective utilization of funds assigned for site programme activities.
• Conducts concurrent and retrospective audit on clinical records.
• Ensures and maintains an up-to-date inventory system for all site assets.
• Ensures the site is in good repair: electricity, phones, furniture; building etc and liaises with Head Office Administration team to ensure any issues are attended timeously.
• Checks data quality and works with the M&E to verify entered data and review generated site reports.
• Part of the site team that is responsible for generating site reports and review reports before they are submitted.
• Monitors the site’s progress to targets and tailors site activities to respond to the outcome of the site’s performance analysis.
• Reviews programme data on a weekly/monthly basis and use data for decision making.
Qualifications and Experience
What Are We Looking For?
• First degree in Nursing, a prerequisite.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field is a distinct advantage.
• Computer skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• 5 years relevant experience, 2 of which should be at a supervisory level.
• Clean class 4,5 driver’s licence.
How to Apply
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their updated CVs to [email protected] not later than October 20, 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.