Applicants are invited to apply for the following job post
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise dairy farmer activities whilst providing technical advice in dairy animal management and dairy marketing.
• Extension services include artificial insemination and general animal health practice; Identifying training needs in order to organize extension activities which include, group training, field days, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits on demand basis;
• Disseminating dairy production technologies; Formation and strengthening of dairy common interest groups and study circles;
• Participating in dairy value chain collaborative research activities;
• Creates and sustains linkages and good working relationships with stakeholders in dairy programming to enhance coordination and sharing of experiences and best practices;
• Capturing, maintaining, storing extension data to ensure regular periodic reporting;
• Contributes to project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
• Ensures quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines;
• Ensures the mainstreaming of gender, protection, and DRR in project and program activities.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications and attributes
• Degree or Higher National diploma in Agriculture with a livestock bias specifically dairy or equivalent; Have at least 3 years’ experience in relevant field;
• Must be knowledgeable about dairy extension with practical ability for dairy activities;
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and previous experience with provision of trainings;
• Ability to ride a motorbike and willing to relocate and handle extensive travel;
• Must be able to work under minimal supervision;
• Must be computer literate;
• Clean Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit applications with detailed CVs to: [email protected] or hand deliver to ZADF Office, 46 Lawson Avenue, Milton Park, Harare.