In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Duties And Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise dairy farmer activities whilst providing technical advice in dairy animal management and dairy marketing.
• Extension services include artificial insemination and general animal health practice; Identifying training needs in order to organize extension activities which include, group training, field days, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits on demand basis;
• Disseminating dairy production technologies; Formation and strengthening of dairy common interest groups and study circles;
• Participating in dairy value chain collaborative research activities;
• Creates and sustains linkages and good working relationships with stakeholders in dairy programming to enhance coordination and sharing of experiences and best practices;
• Capturing, maintaining, storing extension data to ensure regular periodic reporting;
• Contributes to project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
• Ensures quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines;
• Ensures the mainstreaming of gender, protection, and DRR in project and program activities.
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree or Higher National diploma in Agriculture with a livestock bias specifically dairy or equivalent; Have at least 3 years’ experience in relevant field;
• Must be knowledgeable about dairy extension with practical ability for dairy activities;
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and previous experience with provision of trainings;
• Ability to ride a motorbike and willing to relocate and handle extensive travel;
• Must be able to work under minimal supervision;
• Must be computer literate;
• Clean Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
Interested persons should submit applications with detailed CVs to: [email protected] or hand deliver to ZADF Office, 46 Lawson Avenue, Milton Park, Harare