The digital forensic analyst examines computers and other digital devices, such as mobile phones and cameras, for evidence of crime. The incumbent supports the Authority in both civil, criminal investigations and intelligence agencies by detecting, preserving, analysing and presenting digital evidence as provided for by the Data Protection Act and other pieces of data protection legislation within the Authority. The position reports to the Manager CIRT and Enforcement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts data forensic investigations for the Authority’s computer security incidents including but not limited to internal and external intellectual property theft, attacks/intrusions, computer abuse and insider threat investigations
- Provides support to civil and criminal investigations by detecting, preserving, analysing and presenting digital evidence on data protection breaches.
- Retrieves the evidence even if it has been deleted or corrupted and ensures the Authority’s data is kept safely.
- Examines the Authority’s computer hard drives periodically to recover deleted files and record their findings in a detailed report and use it as evidence in the future.
- Performs software/hardware testing on digital equipment and other electronic devices within the Authority.
- Follows through leads on data protection until all possible avenues in investigating a case have been exhausted.
- Performs log in, memory and RAW analysis of all computers within the Authority
- Maintains full chain of custody and evidence tracking on data protection
- Demonstrates skill in performing post-incident computer forensics in a sound manner.
- Provides expert analysis and interpretation of forensic artifacts, including expert opinions on data protection when necessary
- Maintains knowledge, understanding of current trends and new developments in the field of digital forensics, and provides training to other team members on data protection
- Tracks mobile phone movements and activity to ensure data protection internally and externally.
- Traces emails and website’s where necessary, link photographs with cameras and software and tests for viruses and hackers.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering or Information Technology
- Computer Forensic experience a must
- Cyber Security and investigations knowledge a must
- At least 5 years’ experience on computer forensic or cyber security knowledge.
- A Clean Class Four Driver’s Licence a must.
CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to manage external relations
- High level conceptual and analytical skills
- Team player
GET A WORLD CLASS CV FOR ZWL4500. COVER LETTER FOR ZWL3000
Pay for CV here
Pay for Cover Letter here
Whatsapp us on +263784644514
Job Application Details
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR by not later than 17 JUNE 2022.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe