Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the mentioned vacant positions.
- DIRECTOR DATA PROTECTION
The position exists to ensure that the Authority is compliant with the provisions and dictates of the Cyber and Data Protection Act as well as any Ministerial and Government directives. The incumbent shall advise the Director General on compliance to data protection laws, monitoring set standards, creation of policies and procedures in line with enforcement, research, and development as well as advocacy, training and compliance to fulfil the Authority’s Mandate. The position reports to the Director General.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates Data protection policy in line with Government policy and the Cyber and Data Protection Authority (CDPA) Act to ensure the organisation achieves its mandate.
- Formulates medium and long term organizational Strategic plans in line with the Ministry and Government expectations.
- Ensures the creation and implementation of guidelines for data governance, integrity, data modelling, and quality assurance withing the Authority.
- Assists the Authority in setting proper conditions and infrastructure for the establishment of a Cyber Security Centre.
- In consultation with the Director General, facilitates cross border cooperation in the enforcement of privacy laws and participating at national, regional, and international forums mandated to deal with the protection of personal information initiatives.
- Takes all the necessary measures to comply with the principles and obligations of the CDPA Act and other statutory obligations governing the organisation.
- Promotes and enforce fair processing of data in accordance with the CDPA Act
- Issues opinions on any matter relating to the application of the fundamental principles of the protection of privacy, in the context of the CDPA Act and internationally recognized data privacy principles.
- Submits to any Court any administrative act which is not compliant with the fundamental principles of the protection of the privacy in the framework of the CDPA Act as well as any law containing provisions regarding the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of data in consultation with the Director General.
- Advises the Director General on matters relating to right to privacy and access to information.
- Conducts research on policy and legal matters relating to the development of international best practices on the protection of personal information in Zimbabwe and advise the Director General accordingly.
- In consultation with the Director General, develops presentations to the Board on the Data Protect Authority’s Corporate Plan to ensure the Board appreciates the Authority’s mandate to provide the necessary Corporate Governance support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Internet Governance/ ICT Policy/Computer Science/ IT / Law/Social Sciences/
- MBA or its equivalent a must
- At least 10 years’ experience at Senior Management Level
- Certification as a Data Protection Officer an added advantage
- Qualification in ICT Policy Regulation and management an added advantage
- Knowledge of data security and protection an added advantage
- Clean Class Four (4) driver’s licence a must.
CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Ability to think strategically and translate insights into actions.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills
GET A WORLD CLASS CV FOR ZWL4500. COVER LETTER FOR ZWL3000
Pay for CV here
Pay for Cover Letter here
Whatsapp us on +263784644514
Job Application Details
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR by not later than 17 JUNE 2022.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe