The main purpose of the job is to perform planning, design, development and integration of Access Systems networks (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, WiFi etc.) so as to ensure adequate capacity, coverage, quality of experience (QOE) and services in line with international standards and best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Obtains capacity and coverage requirements from stakeholders (Commercial, Operations, Regulator and Customer Services) and produces the Access Systems design.
• Conducts analysis of existing Access Systems performance, audits network configurations, features and licenses, and takes necessary actions.
• Participates in the preparation and review of technical specifications of Access Systems in order to meet key performance indicators and business objectives for new products and services.
• Performs planning, design, development and integration of Access Systems networks (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and WiFi)
• Performs planning and dimensioning of controllers (BSCs and RNCs)
• Conducts technical site surveys for the access network so as to determine the feasibility of possible capacity and or coverage solutions for the fulfillment of commercial requirements.
• Initiates changes into the access network by producing designs, internal work orders and scripts for implementation.
• Participates in the acceptance testing of the Access System nodes (sites and controllers).
• Conducts inventory and audit of new and existing equipment in the warehouse and operational sites.
• Produce Access Systems inputs to the departmental strategy and budgets.
• Provides input into the Access System disaster recovery plan for critical Access System nodes.
• Participates in the acceptance testing of the Access System DRP in line with agreed BCP.
• Conducts periodic assessments for Access System nodes and tools and recommends necessary action.\
• Reviews technology and service trends in the telecommunications field and recommends on areas of improvement.
• Provides RF configurations and spectrum usage reports for POTRAZ.
• Generates access system records by carrying out audits for controllers and site configuration, licenses and features.
• Generates periodic reports (Coverage Maps, Capacity Reports, Site inventory, Site lists, Site Codes etc.).
• Gives inputs to update records on used bandwidth within allocated spectrum.
• Collects and analyses Access System statistics against agreed KPIs and best practice so as to identify areas of improvement.
• Performs benchmarking drive tests for new sites and for regulatory purposes.
• Receives optimization reports from Configuration and Optimization team and considers recommendations to take necessary action.
• Carries out impact assessment for changes done on the Access System.
• Initiates changes into the Access System by producing internal work orders, change requests and designs for implementation.
• Ensure that radio equipment complies with International Safety Standards.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• 6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English. • 2 A Level passes • Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer Engineering or equivalent. A relevant vocational qualification will be an added advantage • Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar or related environment. • Clean class 4 driver’s license.
How to Apply
Apply online, visit the website below.
View more information