Locum Drivers (Class 2) :
- Full Time
Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) and affiliate of Marie Stopes International, is one of the largest organisations providing specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health in Zimbabwe, complementing the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council. The organisation seeks to fill the following positions:
Locum Drivers (Class 2)
Location - (Harare / Manicaland / Masvingo / Midlands / Mash West / Hwange)
The Driver is part of the Outreach team working on provision of Family Planning services offered by PSZ. The role involves extensive travel around the assigned province.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties:
• Ferries outreach teams between scheduled points.
• Pick and drops items and goods to locations and scheduled points.
• Conduct vehicle pre-checks; fluids, battery, wipers, and keep track of vehicle service dates and ensure vehicle is serviced on time.
• Ensures vehicle is checked daily for cleanliness’ and road worthiness.
• Takes all precautionary measures to ensure safety of the passengers, goods and vehicle and report any vehicle defects.
• Receives and warmly welcome clients at reception area and conduct data capturing roles.
• Participate in infection prevention, cleaning of offices, surroundings and disposal of waste.
• Proper filing and safe storage of records and files ensuring vehicle receipts are up to date.
• Assists in preparing service delivery facilities e.g., pitching of tents and setting up of equipment
• Conducts community sensitization sessions for demand generation and client mobilisation.
Qualifications and Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• At least 3 O’ levels
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and native language of area of work (e.g. Ndebele, Shona & Tonga)
• Clean Class 2 Drivers licence is a requirement
• Defensive driving licence a prerequisite
• At least 3 years Class 2 driving experience
• Computer literacy, Ms Office (Word & Excel)
• NGO and mobilisation experience will be an advantage
How to Apply
Applications, should clearly state the position being applied for on the email subject section. You should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Applications should be received by 1pm on 8 April 2022 and should be directed to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis
PSZ does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
PSZ subscribes to the Marie Stopes International Child Safeguarding Policy. The successful candidates will undergo background checks and will be required to commit in writing agreement to adhere to the guidelines of this policy.