Medical Laboratory Scientist Locum (Permanent Position Possible) :
- Part Time
The Biotech Institute is looking for qualified scientists to cover locum in the department of technical services/molecular diagnostics laboratory with immediate effect. There is also a possibility of a long-term contract, should the opportunity arise, since The Biotech Institute is currently in an expansion phase.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Institute seeks a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientist, or similar, with at least 2 years working experience and registered with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe. The scientist will be responsible for processing COVID-19 specimens, Haematology, Biochemistry, Immunoserology tests, microbiology, gene sequencing etc.
The scientist will be expected to work at the laboratory in Avondale West, the lab in Herbert Chitepo and other future planned labs as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
• The successful candidate should possess a minimum of Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences (HBMLS), biomedical sciences, medical biochemistry, relevant diploma, or similar.
• Candidate should possess an open practicing certificate (OPC)
• Candidate should be registered with MLCSCZ
• Possession of a clean class 4 drivers’s licence.
• Excellent writing and IT skills.
• Flexible, honest and trustworthy.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to work independently.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their Cover letter, copy of CV, copy of practicising certificate and copy of driver's licence as one pdf document to [email protected] on or before December 20 2021. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The subject of the email should read 'Medical Laboratory Scientist 2021'
View more information