The Zimbabwe Farmers' Union (ZFU) is the largest farmers’ interest organization in Zimbabwe. The Provincial Farmer Coordinator is a member of the ZFU Secretariat whose mandate is to implement ZFU’s Strategic plan at the provincial level. He/she maintains close contact with farmers ensuring that farmers receive member services that are relevant to their needs. He / she collaborates with key private and public partners in the agriculture sector to tailor farmer services based on sustainable business models for the benefit of all.
- Facilitating Provincial Council, Commodity Association and Administration Meetings; Member Mobilization; Supporting District Coordinators in setting up Union structures in districts;
- Supervising Union Staff in the Province;
- Ensuring prudent management of ZFU assets in the province; Establishing linkages with all ZFU stakeholders including attending Provincial coordination meetings by government and donors;
- Identification possible areas for further Union intervention, including identifying potential projects and donors; Preparing consolidated Provincial reports for submission to Head Office.
- Demonstrated development / programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to the Union’s strategic priorities on gender equality and women’s rights;
- Ability to lead formulation and implementation of training programmes; Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Ability to establish and maintain broad strategic networks and partnerships with private and public entities to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies;
- In addition, the interested individual must demonstrate an unquestionable personal reputation, integrity, and ethical behaviour throughout his or her professional career.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Agriculture or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working directly with farmers; Fluent in Ndebele and knowledge of any other two local languages a must.
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter (pdf format only) to the attention of Human Resources. All applications must be sent by email to [email protected] Please ensure your email subject clearly reads “ Provincial Farmer Coordinator-Bulawayo”