Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the organisation.
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data * 1
- Engineering *1
- Life Sciences *1
- Weather and Climate modelling*1
Primary responsibilities will be to assist researchers to use the ZCHPC cluster for their research projects. The Research Scientist will interact with Researchers, University Students and Staff throughout the cycle of research to provide technical and scientific computing support in their respective domains.
The successful candidate will be a continuous learner, preferably someone currently working on a computing intensive research which needs HPC usage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing support necessary to researchers’ projects, data processing, analysis, and modelling requirements;
- Working with researchers to understand portions of their research dependent on, or could be improved by usage of the ZCHPC cluster;
- Effectively mentoring and communicating HPC related information and knowledge to all related researchers;
- Following domain-specific global trends in HPC research and tailor them to suit our needs as a nation;
- Developing a growth plan and program for research carried out using the ZCHPC system to scale research to solve Zimbabwe’s socio-economic challenges;
- Identifying users’ training needs; design and teach workshops as needed;
- Identifying of potential collaborations among researchers and areas where HPC usage would make notable improvements;
- Creating and maintain ZCHPC documentation, user guides, FAQs relevant to the respective domain;
- Identifying and recommend system policy changes in order to effectively offer optimal level of user environment and experience;
- Install, monitor and maintain user-requested HPC software;
- Leading support for parallel and serial programming, libraries, utilities, code porting, debugging, and optimization.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Master’s or doctorate degrees in their specific fields of study.
- Ability to collaborate with scientists, engineers, and sponsors,
- The ability to conduct independent and significant research and a demonstrated research capability with a publication record in the specified area,
- Experience in software development in the area of research.
- Flexibility in research assignments and the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms,
- Previous experience mentoring students and/or postdocs in parallel Computing.
Job Application Details
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience and names of at least three referees should be sent to the address below by not later than 20 July 2020 dearly indicating the vacancy applied for.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation Science and Technology Development
New Government Complex
6th Floor, F Block
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
PO Box CY 7732
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for Interviews.