Applications are invited from suitably experienced and qualified candidates for the position of
Storeman which has become vacant within the Gonarezhou Conservation Trust
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receiving stock in accordance to set procedures
• Supervise physical stock movements (goods issue, stock transfers and returns)
• Facilitate efficient issue of stock through process improvement and preparation.
• Carry out daily data capture quality checks through the ERP system-Sage Pastel-for all stock inventory
movements (issues, receipts, transfers and returns).
• Accept and process stock returns into the warehouse and recommend unfit items for disposal
• Diligently carry out smart, clean and accurate Sage Pastel inventory item master maintenance.
• Routinely check maintenance of bin card system as a back up to electronic inventory management system.
• Ensure safe and chronological filing of inventory documents and credible record keeping.
• Carrying out scheduled stock counts on time while following set count procedures.
• Carry out inventory variance analysis and reconciliations of physical stock items to the electronic ledger
• Maintain ledger for returnable tools and recommend purchase of replacements
• Carry out periodic stock counts/reviews at key storage sites in the GNP for key stock items issued to each site.
• Continually assess warehouse layout and stacking practices to implement safe and efficient layouts and
• Monitor access to the warehouse and enforce access restrictions.
• Monitor stock usage trends and recommend stock holding level adjustments where necessary
• Ensure sustainable and correct use of stores assets
Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain Management or similar recognized tertiary qualification.
• 3 years supervisory level experience in stores operations.
• Experience with using store management software and fluency with Microsoft office (excel) essential.
• Key Attributes
o Technical expertise-understanding of inventory management best practices.
o Accuracy, attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
o Results and quality focused
o Organized and has capacity to prioritise
o Highly compliant and strict enforcement of procedures
• Certifications - Certifications with CIPS/CILT desirable
• Licenses – The position requires a class 4 driver’s license,
• Physical abilities – Able to physically execute duties that include heavy lifting and working at heights
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, scanned copies of Academic and Professional
Qualification Certificates together with a detailed CV (with 3 contactable referees).
Applications can be made on email to [email protected] Indicate job applied for in subject line
of the email. Hardcopies of applications can also be dropped at Malilangwe Entrance Gate, Chipinda Pools
offices, Mabalauta offices and Makonde offices.